Our Marine Internet Access Kit – Standard has been designed to cover most users requirements, that is, reliable and long range internet access while onboard their boat.
This kit easily allows you to browse the web, send emails, stream online content and even operate your business from onboard, plus lots more.
If you are looking to push the speed boundaries and require more connectivity options than you should check out our performance kit.
We recommend the use of Telstra in the marine environment. We have a post relating to Telstra 4GX coverage.
Marine Internet Access Kit Benefits:
- The kit allows you to share the internet access via its Wi-Fi hotspot to all devices around your boat.
- Australia/NZ and Asian carrier coverage built in to cover you wherever you may cruise. Just insert a local SIM for the region you are in.
- High speed 4G modem, allowing download speeds up to 300Mbps
- You can operate your business from the boat. We have many customers doing just this, including video calls.
- Compatible with non-Wi-Fi enabled devices via its single LAN network port. Expansion is optional.
- Keep your chartplotter charts and software/firmware up to date by connecting it to the available internet connection.
- Utilise Wi-Fi calling (where available) to make and receive phone calls over the internet connection
- Monitor onboard cameras remotely while away from the boat for safety and security.
- Allows you to effortlessly record your voyage data to the internet for free (Additional Hardware Required)
- Stay connected for critical weather updates and alerts or just to download the latest GRIB files.
- Comes pre-configured, ready to install.
- We have numerous customers reporting range out to 100km offshore
- Does not require specialist installer. Depending on your location we can often recommend a local installer if you wish to have the kit installed for you.
- Price includes GST and free standard shipping Australia wide
- Modem supports 3G/4G/LTE/4Gx with a dual nano sized SIM card tray
- Operates from 12VDC
- Category 6 modem that supports carrier aggregation enabling download speeds up to 300Mbps
- Modem supports all frequencies and bands used in Australia including B28 (700MHz) for the best offshore coverage.
- Qty 2 of 9dBi marine grade antennas with adjustable nylon mounts
- Qty 2 of 10m LCU-400 high quality coax cables (optional 15m, 20m lengths available)
- 1 x 100Mbps LAN network port for hard wired devices. (Eg Smart TV, Cameras)
- 802.11n Wi-Fi (2.4Ghz Wi-Fi MIMO)
- Easy web based management interface
- Modem is unlocked allowing use on any mobile network
- Wall mount bracket
- 4G antenna length: 65cm excl. mount
- 1 year warranty on modem
- Modem dimensions:
Height with Wi-Fi antennas & Coax cables connected: ~45cm
- Wi-Fi antenna relocation kit available if mounting space is restricted.
To read all the FAQ for our internet kits view this post.
Coverage maps for Telstra 4GX and a detailed explanation of Telstra’s coverage is available in our post here.
Dealer and Installer enquiries welcome, please contact us for further details.