Em-trak B953 Class B AIS featuring high power 5W SOTDMA transceiver and built-in VHF antenna splitter and GPS antenna.
The high power 5W transmit power of the B953 provides increased range and reporting frequency, which is ideal for offshore sailors or those sailing in busy areas. The B953 transmits using the SOTDMA method, much like Class A commercial units, this equates to faster update intervals ensuring you are always seen! The unit is compatible with satellite AIS systems.
The em-trak B953 class B AIS includes both NMEA0183 and NMEA2000 interfaces so it can connect to all chart plotters which support AIS display. The B953 includes a stealth mode option which allows it to receive AIS messages, but not transmit. We have a dash mounted AIS silent mode switch available as an accessory item.
The B953 has a built in GPS antenna which reduces install time however it still includes the ability to add an external GPS antenna if desired or required.
Em-trak B953 AIS Overview
- Rugged and Robust
- SOTDMA Class B providing increased range and reporting frequency
- Integrated VHF antenna splitter
- Built in surge protection
- Flexi-Fit mounting bracket for easy installation
- 5W transmit power (instead of standard 2W)
- Ready for connection to your chartplotter via NMEA0183 or NMEA2000
- Internal GPS antenna (External GPS Antenna available as an option)
- Industry leading global 3 year warranty
Em-trak B900 Series Introductory Video
Manufacturer’s website: https://www.em-trak.com